Saturday, November 17, 2012

the passionate writer

Writing has been my constant companion ever since. Even since I was in elementary, I would often find myself scribbling down random poems and short stories. In fact, I would pile and staple bond papers together such that it would look like a book, and then that is exactly where I will write my short story. Indeed, the writer in me has always been in my veins, and in my heart.

For countless times, writing has saved me from the bouts of boredom and from feeling melancholic. It has been my constant companion and ultimate outlet. Whenever a tear is about to fall from my eyes, I would have that desire to grab a pen and express how I am feeling deep inside. And whenever I am simply happy and blessed, I would have the urge to write it all down, too. It's as if I want my cheerful feelings to be contagious, either in blogs, or through a piece of paper.

Not everyone though is gifted with the ability to write, for we are all given talents which are unique to us. But as for me, I believe the gift of writing is the perfect one for someone like me. Since I am highly melancholic by nature, it is best that I express what I feel by writing all down. If not for this gift, I don't know how I'll be able to manage life. It's just that writing has always been my saving grace. It is there with me through thick and thin, and it is the witness to how I am transforming and working on my road to self-fulfillment and happiness.

I may be busy and be doing a lot of things lately. But I know my passion in writing will never ever fade away. At the end of the day, when I feel bored and nothing to do, I can always see myself doing the same thing, and I feel as if I'm in one with myself again. Or maybe through writing I can be in a universe where I am the protagonist. Writing helps me realize my dreams and it made me believe that I can do whatever I can by just simply being me.

And for every battles still to come in my life, I know I will survive. With the pen and the paper as my companion and sword, I know I will never go wrong. I will continue to live and to write for the rest of my life. I will dream on, stay strong, write, and inspire. Because at the end of the day, I am not writing just for myself, my ultimate goal is to make change and to help others learn from my writings, so that they can bring out the best in them too.

So if you have a talent inherent to you, use it. Make it as an instrument to fulfill your dreams. Be passionate about it and believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment