Saturday, November 17, 2012

the calling

If I would be asked what's my ultimate dream if life, a lot of people would actually be surprised. Because I was a consistent honor student from gradeschool to college, people think that I dream big. But actually, No. As I once told a friend, I just want to live simply and with contentment. And when asked what's my calling in life, I can answer with conviction, "to be a mother and a wife."

I would not actually mind if I end up as a housewife if there's a need for it. Taking care of my the family my husband and I will build is "heaven" for me. Waking up in the morning to cook my family's meals, preparing my kids to school and husband to work, doing the laundry and washing the dishes, preparing for the family's Sunday lunch outs and picnics, decorating the house for Christmas, wrapping gifts for my hubby and kids, taking care of them when the don't feel well, I know I can do all those with love. It may sound a monotonous life, but as for me, I'd gladly do that all for the love of my hubby and kids.

This dream is something that "I won't give up." If that means I have to work hard on it or pray everyday, I will willingly do it. That's why today, I am preparing myself to live hat calling of being a mother and wife. And part of it is working on my weaknesses and knowing myself better, because it takes a whole and complete woman to make a good mother and wife. If I will just be a crybaby and a confused lady, I may live that dream but I cannot give myself a hundred percent. And so everyday, I strive to resolve my issues and live each day with joy that overflows so I would be the same when I get married.

Perhaps the reason why I am single for the meantime is because God is preparing and making the way for my noble call. It is not easy to be a devoted mother and wife. It will even take your life and energy, and that means being selfless all for the sake of your family. Thus, I would enjoy my life as a single lady for I know there would come a time I would have to give up all my good-time with friends and going home extremely late. As I have said once, I am just knowing myself better, but not forever alone.

And one day, I know, that man will come into my life, too. The year  2013 will be it.

Ask, believe, and receive.

I claim all these.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment