Monday, July 9, 2012

someday


SOMEDAY

“When someone walks away from you, it’s not the end of your story.
It’s the end of their role in your story.”

                People come and go. At times, due to this, we are intensely perplexed by the seemingly fleetingness of things. It’s true, letting go is always easier said than done.  Acceptance will always be a pain in the neck; nonetheless, it’s still a bitter pill we have to swallow. We are left with no choice.

                Heartbreaks are always terrifying. But when you attach yourself to somebody, there is that chance of getting hurt, whether we like it or not.  However, who would like to fully embrace pain? True enough, it is something all humans dread. Most certainly, it is.

                Even if it sounds so throbbing, we all have to accept life’s reality, that not all people are meant to stay with us forever. Again, people will come and get to know you, and later on leave, sometimes even without warning. We may be left questioning, lingering, wondering, and agonizing but what’s the use? We will shed a bitter tear, only to realize, tearing up may not be worth it.

                Acceptance is always the sure key. I want to use the word forgetting, but acceptance would sound better since it implies that you let go without ill-feelings. Forgetting may suggest totally eradicating that person in your life, up to the point of scrapping even the memories in your head. But how easy it is to accept? Is it still possible? Of course it is, but then again, it’s something that we must do courageously, with willingness that is.

                When people leave we will surely ask ourselves why this sort of things happened. I, too, felt the same way. I lost all the desire to believe in myself and to look forward to what life could still give me. I asked why the world is unfair to me, when all I am ever hoping for is to find my “one true love”. Hearing myself say all those things, I was dumbfounded. But who else will help me cope with the loss but myself? I cannot totally rely on other people. Yes, they are there to guide me, give me pieces of advice, and enlightenment, but it is still me who will do all the working. I have to affirm my belief in myself, be strong, move forward, and carry on. Indeed, there’s wisdom in experiencing hurdles like these. I learned how to be strong amidst travails and to hold on to God, the ONE who will never let me go.

                At this point of my life, I have been through a lot. And I know for sure, that more people will come and go in my life. But should this be a reason for us to be afraid? Knowing how fleeting relationships may last, how else can we find security? Pause for a while, ask, why be clouded with paranoia? If people will leave us, for sure, there are reasons. Reasons that we may not fully understand now, but in HIS time, we will, certainly.

                Some people will come in our lives momentarily. They may be here to open our eyes and perhaps teach us a lesson. Whether we like it or not, others’ role may be to hurt us and make us cry, so that we may be strengthened. And through all the pains, we discover the beauty of pain, seeing that through hurting we will learn to explore, take risks, and even marvel that God has given us much support system from family and friends. As demanding as it may sound, it will still be best not to harbour grudges and bitterness just because a person left a scar in your heart. As martyr as it may sound, but if we embrace bitterness, we are the one losing at the end. Bitterness hinders us to see the beauty that life has yet to offer. Life is wonderful, full of beautiful people and great things that are yet to come. And if we are clouded by the obscure clouds brought by bitterness, we are losing the many marvellous opportunities in life. So why be bitter? Let go, move on, and if things do not work the way we want it to be, accept it. Besides, God will not allow something to happen without a purpose. Something better is in store.

                So if someone broke my heart and will do the same just again, I won’t be bothered. If the same things happen twice and maybe more than, it’s an opportunity for us to learn. For every downfall, the key is to learn the lesson and hopefully be wiser, better, and not to repeat the same mistakes. Problems should not transform us into chicken-hearted individuals, rather as soldiers who are equipped with shields ready for any battle. I am not afraid to face life, and in the right time, I am ready to love wholeheartedly. It will take time though, I guess. What I will do today is to be more optimistic and embrace all the positivities that at the end I may attract the good energies.

                The universe has its own course. Time will heal all wounds. So if you do experience rejection today, strive to make yourself better. Every day is a chance to learn and discover our self. True, there are so much that we can do.  The challenge is ours for the taking. Despite the pain, is the call of picking up the pieces of life with God’s help, and at the end we will all see and perhaps even conclude, that whatever it was that we experienced, was for the better. We may even find out, it was God’s act of saving us from the wrong one, that of which we will surely be thankful.

                For now, I am accepting the turn-about of things, letting go of the negative thoughts, and moving forward with a joyful heart. God is working through my life, so what could be more better than that? I will rejoice and celebrate because I have thousands of good things in store and a number of opportunities are mine for the taking. Someday, when the right time comes, I will surely find the one who is destined for me. And when that time in my life comes, I will surely thank God for all the heartaches I’ve been through, for by saving me from the wrong one, He lead me to my soul mate. That day I will look forward with hope and anticipation, but in the meantime, I will discover myself first, get to know more people, be of good influence to others, and serve God wholeheartedly. I will meet him when I am most ready. Someday. God knows when, so I  trust HIM, completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment