Monday, February 24, 2014

freedom

I won’t run after you.
Nor will I chase you.
Neither will I entertain a spark of hope.
Because I have learned to love myself,
And in loving yourself you learned to establish limits.
You know what boundaries are not worth crossing,
And what actions are not worth taking.

I’m tired of making a fool out of myself,
Never want to be labelled a dim-witted.
I learned to internalize the word respect
And started to give it as a gift to myself.
I let go of the fear and tried to apologize,
But I barely know if you even empathized.

I’m tired of playing games
I don’t want to do some guess works.
Because I just don’t deserve it.
So even if someday you might change
Or realize what you let go.
I’ll rather choose to love myself more than you
And I’ll be free from the bounds of false expectations

From loving someone who can never love me in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment