Monday, February 24, 2014

The friendship never dies.

I wonder where they are, how they are doing, what they are up to, why the communication is not as frequent as it used to be. Friendship, is like a fire that slowly dies. Soon to be extinguished? I hope not. As time goes by, as we grow older, we get to discover ourselves, who we are, what we want to become, whom we want to be with. We wonder what became of the friends we used to hang-out till late nights, till we ran out of stories, till we get groggy, sleepy, and out of wits. I wonder if they even bother think of me. Because, I honestly do think of them, too, most of the time.

As cliche as it may sound, friends (and not only romantic love) make the world go round and round, sometimes even  to greater heights. There's a different euphoria when you are with friends. It' s good to be people you are comfortable with. You can show your true colors, and they will not really bother if you are not well-dressed of fully made up. They wouldn't care if you look pale or ill, though they would call your attention if you're slowly gaining those pounds. I'm yearning for those times, again. I miss the warmth of friendship, being surrounded by laughter, silliness, craziness, and even teasing, at times. I miss the noise and the wrecklessness of it all. And I wonder, can we make those get-together, as frequent as we can?

I am not in control of their time, neither of their lives. I know they are all happy and fulfilled wherever they are right now. Perhaps they found the love of their life, or they are on the family-way, or they successfully climbed their way to the corporate ladder, or they have found a new set of friends. But as for me, I am a friend who never forgets. And if time permits, I know, I will be spending my time with them, again.

And it is true,  friendship is not hindered by the distance nor time. It is something that will never ever die. And when you all meet again, the memories will just come back in an instant, like a gushing of a tide. The hours will run fast, but it wouldn't matter at all. For that short time with them will be enough- to rekindle the flame of friendship, to make you believe that friendship is always there to stay. And no matter how far or near they are, you know they live in your hearts, forever.

*** I miss you my friends. Despite our busy lives, I promise, for you, I will make and find time.

I love you.

Sincerely,

Ellen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment