Wednesday, December 5, 2012

an ideal family

I'm recently tutoring in Mandaluyong for the granddaughter of the owner of a well-known condiment/cooking product. I would say that it was a very good paying part time job. But even if the family was well-off, I admired the way they treated me and their employees. Since I have been tutoring the girl for 4-5 months already, I had quite a number of encounters with the family members and their workers. With them, I never felt like I am different or a nobody. I am happy that they do respect me and make me feel like I am a part of their family. In fact, they will even ask me to join their dinner every time we are having the tutorial sessions. I had the idea that not all rich people are snob or elitists, as this family is really down to earth and humble. I have proven that as when Habagat hit the Philippines, I saw them pack relief goods for their employers who have been victims of the floods. Indeed, it is in their heart to care and share. Thus, I will gladly say that I am extremely lucky that I was given the opportunity to tutor one of their family members.

As I look at them during dinner time, I cannot help but be all smiles. Mine was a genuine smile, for I can't help but be happy to see such an ideal family- eating, joking, and sharing stories together. The father of my tutee would always make sure that every night, he would ask how his daughters spent their day in school, asking them what they did and what they learned for the day. On the other hand, their mother (a housewife) is always hand-on, checking on her daughter's progress in school, checking on the things they need, picking them up at school every day, and will always ask what her kids prefer for baon the next day. The mom will always find time to talk with her daughter's teachers and to talk to her children's good performances and even misbehavior in a gentle manner. They stick together for each other that if a family member has a competition to attend to (as the girls are very much into sports), they are always the loyal supporters. How sweet it is to have such a family. So whenever I imagine and envision a family of my own, I close my eyes and pray that I hope their family will be like mine. And every time I do that, I am filled with anticipation and joy.

This tutorial job is really a blessing to me in many different ways. Financially, it was able to sustain my needs and even my wants. It has also enable me to be good at time management and at spreading myself. It helped me to relate with other people aside from my usual work here in school as I get to talk to my tutee's parents, sisters, grandparents, and even the other employers of their family. Furthermore, it helped me visualize the kind of family that I want to have, the kind of mom I want to be, and the way I will bring up my kids someday. So every night as I go home after each session, I close my eyes and say a deep prayer, thanking the Lord for this wondrous blessing. Indeed, everyday, God is molding me to be the best person I can be- as a teacher, tutor, friend, and of course a mother and wife in the nearest possible future. :D

So thank you God for this chance to meet this family. Now I know Your purpose for meeting them.

Amen :D

No comments:

Post a Comment