Friday, March 2, 2018

It's time

I wrote this about a year ago, when I am still about to give him my sweetest YES. Now we are about to celebrate our first anniversary in a month's time! God has really been good!

...........................


It’s Time. J

“Love comes when you least expect it.” That sounded so clichéd. But I am starting to believe it’s true, in my case.
I have experienced several heartaches and heartbreaks. And every time I seem to fall for the wrong guy, I feel downtrodden and would often have myself to blame. Little did I realize, that all those “rejections” are redirecting me to someone better.
Because sometimes you search for love in faraway places only to find out that it has been so close to you all along. We met about 2 years ago, and I knew that you were a good guy. Certainly you are. In fact, sometimes too good, that you can’t say no. But I honestly did not see that as a flaw. You were the typical geek, quiet, shy, and man of few words guy- which I think was my ideal (and I only came to realize that a little later). We would tease you and you barely fight back and simply respond with your signature smile. You were always that one person whom I would always ask for favors because you were easy to approach and ready to lend a helping hand. I even remembered telling someone that the girl you will fall in love with is lucky, because you are sincere and hardworking. I never really imagined, with all honesty, that that person will be me.
Life can be full of surprises, indeed. The past few months feel surreal. And though I have been told that you have been admiring me for quite some time, I still find it hard to believe from the start, as if I’m in for a joke. But recently, I was finally convinced that it’s true, and yes, this can lead to something serious, and something beautiful that I have been waiting and praying for.
And every day, when I wake up, I am thanking God for another wonderful day He has given me to spend that moment with you. We may not meet every day (because we are really busy people), but I appreciate that you will always take the initiative to greet me “Good morning” and to send me off to sleep with your “Good night.” I will wake up each day with a smile, and sleep peacefully, knowing that there is someone who cares for me, and is eager to know if I am doing well or to ask how each day went. For many other reasons that I wish I can write, enumerate, and try to verbalize and expound, I hope that I will be able to do my very best to say the very least, how much I am thankful for the genuine care I have been getting from you. I wish not a day will be wasted because I was not able to thank you enough for all that you have done for me, thus far. And maybe, what they really say is true, in the perfect time, you will meet that person, and everything will just feel so right.
I am looking forward to that day when I can finally say how I feel. But at this point, allow me to cherish and enjoy what we have. As we take things slow and get to know each other even better, I know that I am more convinced, that very soon, I will be making one of the best decisions I can ever have in my life. That will finally be the day, when I will be telling myself (and you) wholeheartedly and courageously that “It’s time.”


No comments:

Post a Comment