Friday, March 2, 2018

I love me


I will never be that hot and sexy girl.
I cannot wear skimpy outfits confidently, knowing that my flabs and bulges will be seen through.
I’d love to wear that short shorts, but my legs are like logs.
I never had that coveted thigh gap, but I can walk, run, jump still as much as I want. So that thigh gap does not really bother me anymore.

I look at girls and see them very trendy with their fashion,
baring their arms and shoulders, confidently, for the world to see.
I want to do that too, but every time I do, I would get remarks which all boils down to saying that it does not suit me.
So I go back to having myself covered,
Hiding the imperfections and insecurities.

But even with all that I don’t and can’t have,
It won’t let me love myself and my body less.
For the flabs, bulges, lines, stretch marks, creases, freckles
Make the person that I am.
And these flaws make me human
Worthy of love and respect,
Regardless of whether my totality
Is equivalent to the world’s crazy standard of beauty.

And maybe, I may not be that hot and sexy girl at all,
Nor one that warrants a second look when you see at the streets
But I don’t need to be that one.
I will wear what I feel that suits me, even if that means pants that are loose and baggy.
I will be happy and healthy, rather than thin, frail, and sickly,
Because I deprive myself of savoring good food to eat.
And the people who truly love me, will know that despite all the imperfections
Is a lady whose heart is genuine
One that is passionate for her craft
Who embraces what she lacks and remains unabated by the world’s pressing standards.
For it takes wise and like-minded people to see,
That beneath the mien of this simple looking girl
is a beauty that is skin deep.





No comments:

Post a Comment