Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Adios 2013! 2014: Unfolding of New Beginnings!

Adios 2013!
2014: Unfolding of New Beginnings

With the changing of calendars and the flooding of new year posts and messages, it was once again proven how time swiftly flies. Once again, another year has just passed and we bid goodbye to the year that was- 2013. Saying farewell to 2013 surely brought mixed emotions within everyone, for surely, there are both good and bad memories that we will remember when we think of 2013. Nevertheless, as we want to welcome 2014 with optimism and cheerfulness, we bring with us happy memories and simply learn from the bad ones.

Indeed, I will never forget my year 2013- marking the 23rd year of my existence and my fourth year of stay in the school where I am currently employed. There are a lot of major life decisions which I have to make- some which are painstaking, yet had to be done for liberating oneself. I thank God that He is always with me in every undertaking. There were times when I was about to give up, let loose, and question him why things always do not go the way I want them to be. But at the end of the day, He held on me tighter, whispering that His ways and plans are ALWAYS for the best.  So I am grateful for all the adversities which came my way, for my character is strengthened than ever.

Allow me to look back at the year that was, and journey once again to my ever memorable 2013, which I shall call: the year of taking chances. J

January:
- I celebrated my 23rd birthday. Yehey! It was the first time I cooked meals for my family and friends. What’s on the menu? Carbonara, Lumpia, Graham Cake, Caldereta, and Pork Asado
- Goodbye Mr. December. All things happen for a reason. (There are people who are not meant for you. Brave girl moving on.) :D

February:
-          Another dateless Valentine! Hahaha.
-          Met someone from our church group. It was shortwhile. Yeah. Dot dot dot.
-          Watched Oz the Great. Ahem. L

March:
-          Interview and Exam at Don Bosco. (Didn’t push through with this, though)
-          Grade 6 Graduation. I’m the Class Adviser. Yay. Nyay. Lol. (Stress level increasing)
-          Book Launching of Author’s Club. Yay. Nyay. (Stress Level 97)
-          Bump into someone I should not meet again. (Mr. CM, it’s you, AGAIN?)
April
-          Bataan outing with WR colleagues.
-          Bye Liyah. (Moving to a new school) L
-          Hello MJ! (And I met you somewhere in Makati ;) )
-          3 day Ilocos Tour with Papa and Allen! Hooraayyy!

May

-          Free IronMan movie with Aaaaaa. (Thank you IMAX! Hehehehe)
-          Hi Kat! Realizations came in and sank in!
-          The confession. L L L Finally, after three years.
-          At Megamall. Hmmm. (Shall we give it a try?)
-          Epic. (It was Epic, indeed.) H H! :P
-          Star Trek with Thana boys. J

June
-          I’m a Grade 5 Reading Teacher.
-          Hi Cadbury. You’re as big as a notebook. Welcome back. Hohoh.
-          Superman, you are so SUPER. J
-          Welcome back Natzzzz!
-          World War Z instead of Despicable Meee!

July
-          Yahoo OMG awards- with Dina, Kat, and Aya.
-          My broken dreams, my shattered heart. I mend it on the shelf. L Ouch. It really hurts. Bye bye?
-          Mending, mending, healing, and moving forward… on my own.

August
-          Let’s give it a try J

September
-          Happy 1st!
-          Research stress! Argh.

October
-          Fiesta with Liyah. And Moises. And Elaine.
-          Happy Birthday Gigoy. At Shakeys. J
-          JPF. Career move. So help me God!
-          Sembreak. Batangas escapade!

November
-          Enrollment! Prayers do come true! I was able to enrol my last subject! Hooray!
-          Waiting for the sembreak. Hihihihi.
-          From China: Hello Matteo!
-          Bonding with Magel and Alex at Trinoma. J
-          CG Apprentice at the Feast. Big break! Amen! J

December
-          Hello Moisee Bear! Thank you Moises! <3 span="">
-          Yabu with WR friends!
-          Banapple with Kat. Thanks for the book!
-          Lunch treat at the Chicken Rice Shop, Rob Manila. With Maan, Genelle, and Gian.
-          Christmas bonding with Thana friends. (Bye baby Angel L)
-          Welcome 2014! I cooked Carbonara and Cordon Bleu! Yeyyyy!
Thank you for being with me during 2013. And I do hope, that you will stay with me in the years to come. Let’s all pray for God’s blessings this 2014, and that we continue to keep the faith in our hearts, despite all the trials and tests of time, we remain fervent in our prayers. Surely, there may be times when we are about to give up, but it is when we are at the bottom of the pit when we learn to keep our feet stronghold, and when we unleash the courage hiding in the corners of our heart. May all our heart’s desires come true this 2014, because whatever it is that we ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it, and it will be given to you!

It is the dawning of a new beginning! Welcome 2014! J It’s the year to fly and soar greater heights!

….that in all things may God be glorified! J












No comments:

Post a Comment