Tuesday, July 23, 2013

dearest friend


I was browsing at the files on my computer when I found this one. I was surprised that I actually wrote such note. It has been a long time and I didn't even remember that I did write this letter. If truth be told, there are memories worth holding on to, if that will make us feel better, or maybe offer further consolation. For the time being; however, there are things worthy of setting aside. I can never bring back the time





8/3/2011

 

Dearest friend,

 

I’m on the midst of doing something important, but out of nowhere your face flashed onto my mind like lightning so I can’t help but blurt it all out through writing.



To cut the story short, I simply would like to ask you if you’re doing well. I haven’t talked to you for quite a time and though I haven’t  done so, I wish all are in good terms.

 

It’s been so long since we last talked about how our lives have been. I’ve been missing our blabbers and rants about how life is simply going on. Well, you may find this so emotional or so sentimental of me but maybe this is my way of showing affection for the people I care about. Having you around and knowing you’ll always give a comforting pat on my back makes things easier for me. But since our communication lines are hazy nowadays, sometimes I feel clouds hover above me. It’s true, you have been my source of refuge lately. Let’s say that it was quite a habit that I got used to, and I was caught off-guard and unprepared that I have to deal with some trivial matters (that I consider  bothersome) on my own.

 

Well, to make it more direct, Thank you. I want to thank you  because you always make me feel life is simply happy with having a friend around. Thank you because you always teach me how to look at life in a brighter perspective even if you have your own worries to ponder over. Through the years, when I was left alone (or I feel I was), you were always there to stand by me. You know very well from the start that I was a cry baby, but I always felt that you will not mock me for my weakness, because you were there to simply understand. Finding someone like you nowadays is not easy, as it will be  like looking for a hidden treasure, but even if my world is topsy-turvy, I guess I’m still lucky that God gave me a friend like you. Well, I hope you’ll never change and you’ll remain to be the person I know. Maybe you won’t,but instead you’ll change for the better since I’ve always known you to be true and sincere.

 

I’ve had a number of friends and for the time being, not all of them are lucky enough to withstand the test of time. And though we haven’t really talked much lately, I still fervently pray that you’ll be one of those few friends I can (keep) treasure forever. Time may be our opponent sometime because of our busy schedules, but as for me, no matter how pre-occupied I am, that will never mean that I love and care for you less. In fact, I’ll  remain to be that one friend you can count on, rain or shine,thick or thin, from beginning to end.

 

I’m sorry if this letter is making your eyes sore from reading much. I’d like to joke about it, maybe that’s the quirks of having a friend who’s crazy about writing. To end this novel-length letter, I hereby send you my wishes of good luck, goodwill, love, and blessings. I’ll continuously pray that all what you asked for be given, and if there are times that you can’t help but despair; you  know where to find me. Technology is always one gift that allows us to get closer (so let’s take advantage of it). I bid farewell for now, but I know (and I believe!) I’ll see you sooner (I hope!). Cheers and keep smiling, and of course,  congratulations, kudos, keep it up! I’m extremely jubilant for all your achievements lately!

 

Always, always, and forever and always

(exaggeration intended)

your naughty and overly persistent friend,

- Ellen Marie

 

PS:

Why am I writing this?

Just guess!

Hahaahahah! ^^,

Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment