Tuesday, January 15, 2013

of challenges and hurdles

These past few days, even if it was just the start of the year 2013, have been too tight and smothering. We are seemingly reaching the impossible dream through our impossible deadlines, so to speak. In moments like these, how I wish I can just shout at the top of my lungs, and later on maybe vanish. I'm not feeling lonely, it's just that sometimes, the demands of our work can be too much for me to bear. There's no doubt that I love teaching, no matter how difficult it may be. But sometimes, you just want some distance and rest for all the toxicity brought about by the world of work. If I can just fade away....

Another thing that bothers me is my close friends from work leaving and resigning soon. I never really talked about this, but as the school year is almost ending, I can sometimes feel the sadness too. Work becomes a breeze, even with all the stress if you have established good friendships with some of the people around. You go out together, relax, dine out, drink, and simply have fun over the endless stories (and even complains) bout work and your personal life. It all feels good when you get a pat from the back, a joke, or a hug from them. Life goes on despite all the hurdles because of good friends, and with them leaving, I wonder how I will make it through next year.

And to whom will I share my rants, my frustrations, disappointments and worries in work? Will I be able to still radiate happiness even without them? These may be senseless worries that I am having, but still I do feel bad. However, it's good to know that not everyone close to me will leave. There are some who will still remain, and I guess I should make our bond stronger. This may be the best time to know more of my colleagues, and eventually gain more friends.

I know I'm not really alone. Life will not end with them leaving and seeking for another workplace where they think they will grow more. If all else seems so challenging and tiring, I can always seek refuge in the arms of my Maker. I can always relay to him all my worries, struggles, and fears, and soon everything will turn out fine. And besides He will not take away something without replacing it with something (or maybe someone) better. I'll just wait for the major surprise in store for me next school year, and in the months to come.

As my mom would always tell me, I am never in control with the lives of my friends. It could not be helped that they will come and go. But as they leave, I am certain that the wondrous memories will be forever etched in my heart. And it times of despair, I will draw inspiration and courage from the memories of those happy times. I will carry on and make it through all the rain. I have a stronger umbrella, so I should not be afraid of the storm. There's nothing that I cannot do and withstand. All it takes is a positive mind and a faithful heart that will be in unison in believing that all will be well. :D






4 comments:

  1. You can make it through the rain. All is well. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. salamat arch! :D happy new year to you And all is well!

      Delete
  2. Change is inevitable. It bounds to happen. And what you said is true. All our problems, if faced fairly and squarely, will make us stronger and wiser. Parang naging motto in life ko na to. I pray you make more friends and meaningful relationships this 2013

    ReplyDelete