Thursday, January 17, 2013

23 @ January 2013

My birthday is fast approaching, and even with life's uncertainties and unpredictabilities, I still feel excited but a little sentimental. I am excited because it's simply a day to be joyful, thankful, and to celebrate. Much has been given to me, really for 23 long years. Yes, I'm turning 23 this January 24! A year older, and hopefully better and wiser! The past experiences mold me to become the person I am right now, and I have no regrets nor bitterness, just lessons learned. I have no doubts and questions at all, really. In terms of my career, education, family, friendships, finances and spiritual growth, I know I am abundantly blessed. As what I am always saying, I am this point in time where I am happy with what God has given me, and whatever it is that is not yet here, I am still waiting for it with high hopes and patience, knowing that it will be granted soon. I keep the faith and fire burning in my heart.

Somehow, I also feel a tinge of sentimentality, maybe because I am a year older, and yes.... more expectations from others which can really make or break you. Starting last year though, I have learned not to make these pressure get into my mind. I hear them utter those words, it enters my left ear and comes out to the right. We just have to accept that we cannot please everyone, for crying out loud. The moment you allow them to make you feel that you are incomplete, incompetent, and lacking, then that will be tantamount to a life of doubts and discontentment. And as I turn 23 years old, I'd like to shoo away that kind of thinking. We are what we think, so if I chose to live simply, happily, and with contentment, that is my call.

After these bouts of introspection, I seriously want to thank all those people who have been with me along the way: God, my family, my classmates, friends, church mates, students, colleagues, online buddies, text buddies, and even all my blog readers here in Blogger world. Life is a vast ocean we have to sail, but I was able to weather all the storms in my sea of life because I know there are people who loves, depends, cares, and looks up to me. I want to make these people happy in the same way that they give me the energy to radiate joy. My love tank is full and I want to share that love to others too. So before I turn another year older, thank you, whoever you are. I look forward to more years and birthdays and I hope that you will be with me as I journey on.

Gratitude. A happy and contented heart. Peace of mind. Love. Wisdom. Charity. Those are just the things I am asking for on my birthday. I'm at this point in life where I sort of let go of ambitious and grand dreams. As always, I am always a simple girl who can be easily made happy by someone through their littlest and sincerest efforts. I am not after the material things anymore, because I know those won't last. God knows the desires of my heart, and I still do look forward to what He has in store for my birthday. I am waiting, waiting, and waiting! I seem to never get tired of it, honestly! Hehehehehe :D

And anything that is beautiful in His time is worth the sacrifices and the wait. My arms are wide open and I just want to do all that I can to be an inspiration to others. Life is not just always about me. I want to sail, or fly, and spread myself all the more. I can do anything, because I have the passion to achieve my dreams. I am opening myself to the out pour of blessings. I am full of zest and excitement. I really am.

Happy birthday to me. And yes, may the Lord give me the desires of my heart. 

1/24/2013 is the day!


3 comments:

  1. Sa next week pa ang birthday mo ah, ^^ pero Happy Birthday in advance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!Seize the day at wag mag pa-stress..

    ReplyDelete