Tuesday, October 16, 2012

embracing the pain


Do you know how painful it is when you have been through something which is hazy and uncertain? It pains terribly, that you are left to question your worth as a person. They say that you have to stop nourishing the pain and do not think about it anymore, but after all that’s said and done, I have to go through the same experience again. I realized though that I live in a world of pretensions, and as of the moment, I am not a hundred percent okay. I am keeping my faith and sanity intact, because people always say that a number of good things are in store for someone like me. I’m trying to believe them, honestly, though sometimes I feel that those are just words of consolation. I’m feeling that… it pains to wait again, as always.

                Sometimes, I just cannot help but ask a lot of things which really bug me. At the end of the day though, I do a lot of self-correction because it is not right to question God why I have to undergo a lot of pain. I mean, it’s just difficult though to comprehend why things would have to be this way? After all that I did, I don’t really think I deserved to be treated like a trash and be dumped, and when he feels  like picking me up again, he would. For goodness sake, I know I am more than what he thinks of me, apparently, he never sees me that way. And it’s painful when everyone around you treasures you like a precious gem, and that person you really cared about will just break your heart as if, you are a nothing, a zero, a rubbish. We accept the love we think we deserve (From The Perks of Being a Wallflower). Maybe it’s true, I’ve lowered down my standards so much, and I thought all will be okay, when in fact, it was not, and it isn’t… still.

                I told myself that I will have to grant him forgiveness, which I think I did. And why was it so easy for me then? Am I a silent suffering martyr who can just yield to whatever circumstance is presented to me? Or maybe I am really meek and humble by nature. I know I do not deserve such pain coming from him, the way he treats me and sees me, but for the time being, I will just succumb to the suffering because I know I will eventually learn. I just hope that I have a time machine right now, I want to maneuver my life and fast forward it to my future, to that day when I will be giving a sigh of relief for all is finally well. But I am asking for the impossible again, so here I am still suffering silently, stuck in the same platform.

                I would like to cry and shed tears again just to let go of the pain. Everything is still painful for me, though they said I should not take it seriously. But when I try to think of why I allowed myself to be wallowed into such a situation, it all boils down to the fact that I have just been hoping for having a happy ever after story with that person I really cared for. Maybe it really is not meant to be. I wish I could just close my eyes and never remember the terrifying sadness that haunts and kills me every now and then. It is too much to bear for me. I am trying to be strong, as always, and by all means doing all the possible things that can make me happy, carefree, and productive as ever. It gets different though when nighttime comes, and you lie down on your bed, and the stillness of the night hovers.

                To fall into a deep slumber is a comfort. And I wish then that I can just sleep and let it all go. But even before I close my eyes, a number of things ran into my mind and my head. I just cannot stop it, and I still am getting impatient. If only I can just slap the person responsible for making me feel this way, but I know when he’s in front of me, I cannot.  My hands are too weak for that, or maybe I just wouldn’t stoop so low, or I guess I just can’t really hurt him just the same. Or do I still care for him that much? It’s vexing to think that I still have good faith in him, when I really shouldn’t. Why should I still believe that he has still that goodness in him when the whole world is telling me that he is a good for nothing jerk? Maybe my heart and head is as hard as a stone, and I am refusing to accept the reality. But until when, up to what point, to what extent?

                Or maybe I should not hurry at all. I have to go through all the pain, but not really nurturing or taking care of it. There’s no need to pretend that I am a hundred percent okay when I am not. If I’d like to cry in the middle of the night, I will. I wouldn’t care if people will find it odd or eccentric, besides, they do not know the hell I am going through. So what right do they have to judge? I will embrace the pain for now, and in time I know time will heal all the wounds. Time can tell what’s really in store or when I can say with finality that I’m over thinking about him. The more I tell myself to let it all go, the more I do the opposite of what I think. It is still all here and no words of encouragement can ease the sadness and frustration that I am experiencing right now. But on a positive note, it is really wonderful to see that there are a lot who is helping me along the way. However, I know that even if they do encourage and have faith in me, things are still not perfectly better.

                I will do nothing special to forget the pain but be my usual self- trying to be happy, cheerful, positive, courageous, and resolute despite all life’s hurdles, obstacles, storms, and adversities. The sun will soon shine on me, and the darkness will take its flight and leave me. I deserve to be happy, too. After all that I’ve been through, I know, someone will love me the way I want him to. Someday, someone will treat me the way I should be, and that someone will take care of me and never ever let me go, and will never allow me to doubt my worth.

                And no matter what happens, even if for the time being that person made me doubt my value, I know, I am precious, I know I am worthy to be loved, it’s just a matter of time. I am not trash, not now, not ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment