Thursday, July 31, 2014

let go



*Sometimes we just can't have the love that we always wanted. And in time, even if it hurts, it will be better to let it go, and leave it up to God. 

I chose to let him go.
Not because I don’t love him. Neither because I hate him.
I did it because it’s for the best. And when you are on the same ground waiting for nothing, you know, it’s the right choice.
I love him but I respect his decision. And I love myself, too, because I deserve respect.
And if I chose to haunt him even after he clearly said his piece, then I will just be accepting the love, I think, I deserve.

But I know, I deserve more than that. More than hoping and expecting , which may lead me to waiting for nothing at all.
Because I deserve to be treated right.
Because my value is not determined even after I was left or dumped by someone.
Because I have the capacity to move forward and right my wrongs.
And because I still believe in true love, I am willing to wait, for the right person to come along.

I decided to let go of the past.
By doing so, I am embracing a future full of possibilities.
Even if it means, a life far away from him.
Even if it means the death of a beautiful friendship.
Even if it means, I will be “alone” for quite some time.
And maybe it is better to be alone than to be in the wrong company.

I learned to love and value myself.
That I decided to give myself the right exercise of freedom.
And since I am free from the manacles of the past,
I will love myself with all the love I can give.
I will believe that I deserve more, and only the best.
And I will no longer settle for less.
Even if that means I will have to be selective of my company,
Or the people I will have to deal with.

Now happiness comes from within.
I chose to be happy and to live free, because I want to.
In letting go, I learned to value myself.
In letting go, I learned to appreciate my worth.
In letting go, I learned to be joyful, without depending on anyone.
In letting go, I know, I am ready to love, when the right person comes.
And in letting go, I forgave the person, and even myself.

And even at the end, we are not meant to be.
He gave me the best gifts I could ever have.
The gift of loving and valuing myself.
The gift of genuine joy and happiness.
And for that I am thankful.
I still wish him well.
I have no bitterness and regrets.

Just a bright future awaiting, and loads of happiness.

2 comments:

  1. Beatiful post. I need to let go of someone too... but until now, it remains a plan. haha

    ReplyDelete