Wednesday, February 6, 2013

what's up on the day of hearts?

So  what are you up to this coming day of hearts?

Date with your special someone? Well  and good!
Bonding with friends? That sounds a lot of fun!
Day out with mom/dad/siblings? Hooray! Great!

Single and no date?
Hmmmm....for a lot that won't sound really good, especially if you give in to the pressure of having someone during Valentine's day.
But at the end of the day, how you will spend your valentine's day is really up to you.

Of course it will be good to spend the V-day with your one true love, but if it is not there yet, is that reason to fret?

Life is always full of possibilities, and crying just because of someone that you don't have is your choice. If you want to feel low and pity yourself, go on. But that won't make you feel good, so why not spend your time spreading happiness and making others feel the love because of your actions.

Personally, I have always been used to spending the V-day minus the date. And most of the time, it gets the hell out of me too. I did not mind it when I was in College, thinking that, well "I am young and my time will come, too. I'd just wait till I graduate and land a good job. At that time, maybe, I'll have a boyfriend."

But then, after three years. I am still a certified single.
Ahem.
Ouch.
Duh?
Is there anything wrong?
If I think that something is wrong and missing, then there definitely is.
If I think that I am incomplete and happy, then I definitely am.

But what if I make a 360 degrees turn and feel joyful instead?
Is it possible to be happy even if you are single this day of hearts?
YES. IT IS.

You are what you think.
I think, therefore, I am.

Strive to be genuinely happy this Valentine's Day.
Thank God for the blessings, for there are countless ways that He has blessed you, thus far.
We can always say "I love you" to our family, friends, and colleagues.
We can always make someone feel extra special.
And in spreading the love, we feel the love deep within ourselves too.
We don't always need someone else to do it for us.
Why, when we can always initiate and do some effort?

If I can always tell someone that he/she should never feel sad because I am here, I will.
So maybe I can do that this Valentine's day.

Instead of sulking, I'll make others happy, in my own special way.

And I know, soon... the good that I do to others will come back to me a hundredfold.

Smile this Valentine's Day. For sure, a person out there loves you, more than you'll ever know.

(And sometimes, you don't have to look so far. Beside you, at your back, and look up!)

I love you all!

Happy Valentine's Day!!!! (in advance)

7 comments:

  1. Advance Happy Happy Valentines....

    ako naman... simple celebration lang..... date with friends lang muna hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aus yan. date with friends "muna"

      we are claiming kasi na dadarating din si "the one" ASAP! hahahhahaha

      Delete
  2. Ako ka-date ko ang sarili ko, me, myself and I. :D

    Happy Valentines sa iyo, Len. And sa lahat ng mga single sa mundo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. andami ha. okay yan. enjoy tau anton! mabuhaaaay!

      Delete
  3. tama life is full of possibilities nga haha!

    mamaya bibili ako ng heart shaped balloon and a bucket of roses tsaka mga 3 redhorse siguro then ayun! forever alone ang drama ko haha!

    napadaan lang po : ) new follower.

    Happy V'day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahaha. wala ka bang pagbibigyan nian? sayang naman :P

      salaamt for following. will follow back :D

      happpy heaartsss dayyyyy!

      Delete
  4. thanks for these wonderful words of encouragement :))

    your new follower,
    The Girl with the Muji Hat

    ReplyDelete