Monday, November 4, 2013

I say that I CAN

It's November and lo and behold a month before December, the month we are all waiting for. I love the soothing feeling that Christmas songs bring me, it makes me feel sentimental/ emotional clothe with anticipation. I'm not a kiddo anymore, but most certainly, looking forward to the Yuletide season gives one the vitality and the energy to live on, especially when your brain and body cells are slowly shrinking in number. These months make me feel excited for the year to come, and yes, I claim it that year 2014 is the YEAR of CHANGE.

The Year 2013 started it all when I did one daring and audacious move, one which I kept contemplating whether I'll do it or not for the past two to three years. Much to my amazement, I was able to survive and let it go, even if I was rather dumbfounded and flabbergasted with the results. I did not get what I want, but I just tried to think that I gained more than I lost. Life is too beautiful that I can't afford sulking and crying and fretting over something which I can never have, nor something which I can never rekindle. 2013 being the year of courage enabled me to have grace in defeat, and in the long run, making me reign victorious even then.

And yes, I just did another bold move, which is to finally say "NO" on my job preference form- this time with full conviction. Honestly, I do not know yet where I will go. Who knows where I will be landing next school year. But what is there to fear? The fear of the unknown is something which cowers us humans being; hence, impending our abilities to stretch ourselves to the limits and unleash our potentials. Perhaps this change will be good for me. A change of workplace, culture, people who I will be dealing with- this all means growth. And yes, I embrace and welcome change and growth, which I may never fully have if I remain stuck in the same workplace. I am more excited than fearful, and I am loving the feeling.

I am happy that I am slowly doing things outside my comfort zone. It's true that you can never play it safe in life. Recently, I just experienced selling bags to my friends, relatives, and colleagues, and in less than three weeks time, they're almost sold out! Now I have one more bag left, and I am planning to order and sell bags again. This time, I might even sell bracelets! I also accepted being a Connect Group Apprentice in our church, which means I am being trained to be a leader/mentor to our other worship service attendees. Indeed, life could not get any better than this. I am happy for all the blessings which keep coming my way. If not for the trials which sharpened me before, I would never experience such joy which overflows. Truly, I learned to appreciate life's simply joys and littlest blessings, because I knew how it is to be in terrible and heartbreaking pain.

That in all things God may be glorified. My life is a continuous work in progress. But I fear not because I know I have people who care for me genuinely, I am blessed with so much, and I have a God up there who always lifts me up during my heavy fall. Life may be full of imperfections, but all the more it makes life such a wonder, as I cherish the ups and downs of the roller coaster ride of life. I would make do of what I have, and use the gifts given to me to bless the people around me, and the world. I know, I can do anything. I just have to believe! :)

I welcome all the changes and new things that will happen this 2014. I am most ready. I know, I always CAN. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment