Friday, August 9, 2013

...

You are almost perfect for me. A dream I'd always want to be a reality. A star I'd always like to reach.

But sometimes, what seems to be perfect, may be too far-fetched, out of reach, or never too good for you at all.

That is what loving you did to me.

I was hurt more than I can imagine.
I cried silently. No one knows.
That when I look at our old friendship photos, I know I have to tell myself "gone were the days."

But I know, too, I don't have to dwell on that too long.
I have to slowly, but surely let you go.
Though in my weirdest fantasies, I will still picture you having a change of heart.
That you will finally have the guts, and will chase me.
I know that in reality, you won't.

All this time, all along, I have been loving you "on my own."
That it was an unrequited love- something that can only be true in my dreams.
I can't always go back to the past. The only thing left for me to do is to move forward.
No matter how painful it is, I just have to let you go.
You never really cared in the same way that I do.
You never really love me, as much as I love you.
What can be more unbearable than that?

With you I learned how to love secretly.
I learned to keep everything in my closet.
And I learned to gather my courage, and fight for what I want, too.
I learned the true meaning of love.
I learned how to be a fool out of love, just once.
And yes, I knew how to give my all, and wait, even in vain.
I knew how it is to let go, even if it's you that I have been waiting for so long.

Because I thought I could not live without you.
I was always afraid, that the moment I let it all,
the moment it didn't turn out as expected,
I will die a cruel death, deep inside.
Surprisingly, I survived.
I still am very much alive.
My life goes on and on and on, even if it means not having you around.

There will be times you will bump into my memory.
That can't be helped.
As time goes by, maybe I will finally move on.
And just smile, for all my foolishness. Yes it was.

Someday, I know, someday.



2 comments:

  1. napa smile ako sa bandang huli hehe... ^_^

    one way love lang ba talaga to? baka naman kasi minahal ka din nya sa paraang alam nya gawin.

    move-on move-on din.
    friends to lovers to strangers... hais!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i dont know if he did. and i dont want to know at all. :)
      move on, yes I will. Someday, and soon!

      Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete